Monday 28 July 2014

A PICNIC IN THE PARK WITH ANNA & LILY


If you've never heard of Viviannadoesmakeup and Lily Pebbles, then you're in the wrong place. These two are pretty much my biggest inspirations, especially when it's comes to beauty blogging. I absolutely adore both of their blogs and read them every day. I love the way they are so normal and approachable and their writing styles have influenced the way I've shaped my blog. Basically, I love them.

They had a meet up on Sunday, and I was able to go and spend a sunny Sunday afternoon with a picnic in the park. I was a bit nervous to fly solo but thought I'd regret it if I didn't. I had such a good afternoon, and ended up meeting so many lovely girls. Nattering on about make-up and YouTube for hours is definitely one of my favourite past-times so I was in my element. Lily and Anna were so so nice and chatted to everyone. A huge queue formed (as it often does in Britain) and they spent hours on their feet taking pictures with everyone there. Over the course of about 4 hours there must have been a few hundred people that came and went.


I, of course, had to get a cheeky selfie with their two boys who you may have seen in the "weekly vlogs" that they both post ... weekly and chatted to them both for quite a while just about boring things like uni and jobs (ha). Mark has the best selfie arm; this was taken with my hefty DSLR. What a man. I have to admit, I've become a bit of a fan of the both of them in recent weeks. They're pretty cool. And the way they vlog, you have to watch it. Just watch it. Entertainment all round.

Once the crowd had died down and only a few were left, we got a bit of quality time with Lily and Anna where they could just chill a little and we chatted a bit about running with Anna, and how the next meet up should just be a huge game of rounders with Lily. I would be so up for that. All in all, it was such a good day and definitely the most chilled out and awesome meet up I've ever been to (I have met my fair share of YouTubers/celebs in the past... maybe I'll share in a future post). One of my favourite things was that Anna and Lily's awesomeness definitely shows in their viewers. Everyone I spoke to and met were so friendly and welcoming.

Okay, gushing over. I'll just leave you with a couple more selfies. If you ever get the chance to meet these girls, do it. I promise you won't regret it. I definitely didn't. #babes


No comments:

Post a Comment