Friday 11 July 2014

FOTD: A NATURAL LOOK USING FAR TOO MANY PRODUCTS

I can admit that I'm often guilty of going overboard on my make-up when occasion doesn't call for it. A quick week day lunchtime catch-up with a friend probably doesn't lend to a dark smokey eye but sometimes I can get a tad carried away.

Today I found myself on the other end of the scale, with a very natural look. And when I say natural, I really mean it. But I stayed true to myself, and the list of products used is just as long as usual. This is a look I don't wear often, but probably should. I've kept the eyes very simple leaving the lower lashline completely bare (previously unheard of in my case!) and went for a slight flush in the cheeks and a berry-toned lip.


I started off with my Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 53 Light Beige blended out with my beautyblender. This is really the only base I've been consistently grabbing for over a month now. It's a nice light-medium coverage and leaves a dewy finish on the skin; so it's perfect for summer. There was a slight peak in the product count due to the number of concealers used. I had a pesky blemish that just wouldn't play nice so I ended up layering my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 3 Warm Medium and my Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach. I got there in the end. I used my ever faithful MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC20 under the eyes and a touch down the centre of the face for a slight highlighting effect. I set everything with a light dusting of my Maybelline Fit Me Powder in 120 Classic Ivory which is one step I maybe could have skipped. The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 03 Medium Matte and my Natural Collection Blush in Peach Melba were my choices to bring some colour back to the face.



For the eyes it really was simple. I primed with my NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (skip if your eyes don't crease everything that touches them after 10 seconds), and then just dusted a bit of the Maybelline powder over the top to even things out and give more of a polished look. One layer of L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Extra Black on the top lashes and the eyes are done!

I almost forgot my brows (it happens quite a lot) but ended up just putting a touch of powder from my Whitening Lightning Brow Bar to Go through them and was happy.

Finally, for the lips, I dabbed on a fairly new purchase of MAC Syrup.

What products have you been using recently to create your every day natural make-up look? Leave them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment