Thursday 28 August 2014

MAYBELLINE COLOUR ELIXIRS - UK LAUNCH!

maybelline color colour elixir gloss

They're here!!! The Maybelline Colour Elixirs have finally launched in the UK. After hearing about the launch today I had to go and pick some up - I panicked when I couldn't find them in Boots but managed to find them in Superdrug. I checked the Maybelline stand first, and they had the teeny, tiniest section dedicated to them with literally only one of each shade left - and only five shades to choose from. I had a little swatch and play, and ended up grabbing two. I browsed a little more around the shop and then found another stand with an extra shade and tons more unopened glosses.

maybelline color colour elixir glossmaybelline color colour elixir gloss
(Sorry for the slightly grainy shots, these were taken on my phone)

I ended up picking up the light pink - Petal Plush and the nude - Nude Illusion. I swatched some of the brighter ones, and they looked really nice but I purchased the two shades I knew I'd wear the most. The packaging is gorgeous - really simple and sleek although the silver tops are prone to fingerprint marks and seem like they'd scratch quite easily.

maybelline color colour elixir gloss nude illusion petal plush

The formula is very moisturising with no stickiness; I'm on the fence about the spongey applicator and only one coat can look a little streaky so you're going to need to build it up. They have a slightly oily feeling formula; they remind me of the L'Oreal Coloriche Extraordinaires and are very similar, but I think I slightly prefer the Maybelline glosses on first try.

maybelline color colour elixir gloss nude illusion

Petal Plush is a light baby pink and Nude Illusion is a medium-toned brown nude. I'm definitely going to get a lot of use out of these two. They've already launched on the Boots website and you can find them for £6.99, with a 3 for 2 offer on all Maybelline products. There's a total of eleven shades online which is way more than I found in store. They were also on offer in Superdrug: 2 for £10.

maybelline color colour elixir gloss petal plush

maybelline color colour elixir gloss nude illusion

I'm enjoying them so far. It's not quite a rave review like I was expecting; they're not the best glosses I've ever tried, but they're far from the worst. There was a whole lot of hype surrounding these Maybelline glosses and I'm not sure they've quite lived up to it. Are you going to purchase any? Or have you tried them already? Let me know what you think!

Maybelline Colour Elixirs here, £6.99

5 comments: