Wednesday 10 September 2014

A FALL LIP COMBO #30LipsIn30


It's pretty clear from my #30LipsIn30 posts so far this month that I lend towards a nude lip. However, fall/autumn is around the corner which means it's time to get out the deeper tones - almost. This fall lipstick-gloss combo is one of my favourites when I want something a little bit deeper. It's also a little bit different.

Depraved was one of the first lipsticks I tried from MakeUp Revolution. Since they are only £1, I thought I'd be a little adventurous and went for a purple which is one of their bestsellers. It turned out that I really loved the cool-toned purple, but since it is so purple I figured it'd be easier to wear with a gloss.

If you watch beauty videos on YouTube then I have no doubt you've heard of the brand Whitening Lightning/Gerard Cosmetics. They've exploded on YouTube with backing from the likes of Jaclyn Hill and Carli Bybel - YouTube beauty heavyweights. I made an order from their site quite a few months ago (which ships internationally - and was very quick to the UK!) and this nude gloss is perfect for topping the MakeUp Revolution lipstick.

The Whitening Lightning glosses have a light in the cap, and a mirror on the side which makes them perfect for applying on the go. It might seem like a gimmick at first, but it really does come in handy - and it's definitely a conversation starter (trust me - everyone loves them!). The nude gloss has a purplely/mauve undertone which makes pairing it with a purple lipstick a perfect combination.

Top - Depraved alone; Bottom - Depraved with Nude gloss

I loved these two together as soon as I tried it, and whenever I reach for Depraved I automatically reach for the Nude gloss too. If you don't want to make an international order, I'm sure you could find another nude gloss which would also work!


Do you have a favourite fall lip? Share in the comments!

Tina xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, both colours are gorgeous! I love MAC's rebel & Soap and Glory's Ramplumzel! x

    GIVEAWAY | The little things in life

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with that purple shade, so pretty!
    xprincessjas | x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depraved is so gorgeous that I'm inlove with it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That purple colour is gorgeous and so unique! Thanks for introducing me to Depraved, it looks awesome. Lovely blog!

    Love Aimee xx

    www.belovedjaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete