Wednesday 3 September 2014

NATURAL COLLECTION JUICY LIPS GLOSS IN CARAMEL SHORTCAKE #30LipsIn30


Today's lip post is a result of "shopping the stash" as they say. I picked this up quite a few months ago using a 3 for 2 offer on Natural Collection - I think I was completing my Natural Collection blush collection. Considering how huge a fan I am of the blushes, it's strange that I've never really checked out much else from the range and even stranger that I waited until today to finally give this gloss a proper go.

I have to say I've never been particularly inspired by this gloss but as I looked through my gloss collection this morning, I found myself picking it up anyway. I was more than ready to switch it out for something different straight away, but was actually pleasantly surprised by how it looked and here we are.


The scent seems to have a hint of blackcurrant, which I don't love but it isn't too strong to completely put me off and you don't smell it once it's on the lips. The non-sticky gloss is very opaque once built up but I did find myself having to dip into the gloss with the small doe foot applicator quite a few times before I was happy with the final result (that might have been where I was going wrong before). This gloss doesn't need a lipstick underneath but works well enough on its own. The colour Caramel Shortcake is a mid-toned pink and a great every day colour. I guess I shouldn't always judge a lip gloss by its £1.99 price tag. I think I'm going to be reaching for this one a bit more often, and maybe even perusing the rest of the range in a future trip to Boots.

Here's how it looks with a very simple face of make-up and a lazy eyeliner application:

Have you tried anything from Natural Collection? Were you a fan?

No comments:

Post a Comment