Monday 8 September 2014

NUXE RÊVE DE MIEL LIP BALM #30LipsIn30


Last month, my lips were probably in the worst state they've ever been after a bad reaction to something (I'm still not 100% sure what it was), and this is the lip balm which finally brought them back. After a week or two of constantly reapplying every lip balm and chapstick I could find in the house to no avail, I ordered Nuxe Rêve De Miel Lip Balm thinking it was worth a try. I did my beauty blogger research and this seemed to be the best choice to heal my lips that wouldn't break the bank (the feelunique sale may have helped to sway me).


The lip balm is housed in a cute frosted glass tub which sort of justifies the more you pay for it. The consistency of this lip balm is unlike any of my others as it is quite thick and leaves a matte finish on the lips. It has a citrus-y smell which I really enjoy and I use it every night before going to bed. It completely healed my badly chapped lips practically overnight. I've read that some people use it during the day underneath lipstick which I haven't really ventured into yet. Since it is matte, it could be used underneath matte formulas to keep the lips moisturising. It sounds like a good idea and one I might try in the future, but in all honesty I'm still a little scared to put anything too matte on my lips in fear that they'll freak out again.

I am so happy with this purchase and finally feel like my lips are back to their best (it was awful for a while there). I'm definitely going to continue to use this to keep them on track; it's staying firmly on my bedside table. Even at the full price of £9,50 it's a complete bargain and the pot will last you ages. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite beauty items. I always have to keep one by my bedside, the French really know how to do skincare. Glad to hear your lips are a lot better, I've had the same thing happen to me once and I know how awful it feels.

    ReplyDelete