Saturday 11 October 2014

AUTUMN BERRIES FROM THE DRUGSTORE


When it comes to Autumn, I'm all about the berry lips. I went through my collection and picked out five of my favourites which in all honesty, are fairly similar in shade but vary in application and finish. You may not need all of these, but I would definitely recommend at least one.

  • Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in Berry Much (£4.99) - I reviewed this little pencil when I first purchased it here and not much has changed. I'm still loving how easy it is to apply. I thought that a chubby pencil may be more difficult to get a perfect lip outline but it's actually quick and easy. The formula is so soft and creamy and there's no tugging on the lips. I don't often wear this alone but it works perfectly as a base for pretty much any of the other lip products in this post.
  • Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 30 (£5.49) - This was a recent Essiebutton inspired purchase, and it is essentially a non-matte version of the 107 classic with maybe a tiny bit more purple. The Lasting Finish formula is gorgeous - I pretty much love every Rimmel lip formula. This one is quick and easy to apply.
  • No7 High Shine Lipgloss in Plum Blush (£9) - I thought I'd include a glossy option which is slightly more sheer and perfect if you want to effortlessly transition back into darker lips. This is a little less in your face but still has those gorgeous berry tones that encapsulate every thing autumn. It has a slightly tacky finish but isn't sticky. They're giving out the £3 off coupons at the moment, so now would be a perfect time to grab this for £6!
  • Rimmel Kate Matte Lipstick in 107 (£5.49)  - the classic. I love how affordable Rimmel lipsticks are and this is one of the best. I did a little review here. This was the original lipstick which made me fall in love with the darker wine berry shade and pretty led me to every other purchase here.
  • Rimmel Apocalips Matte Lip Velvet in Meteoric Matte (£6.49) - As I wasn't a fan of the original Apocalips lip lacquers, it was surprising to me how much I loved this. I already wrote a review here, and I'm still enjoying using this. I'm not sure about the "matte" title as this never fully dries down to be matte and is prone to transferring (so, be careful!), but I actually really love the slightly glossy finish and the fullness effect it gives to my lips. 

You can probably tell from this post that I found the tone of darker lips that works for me and I just ran with it. I would recommend any of these lippies and they'll definitely be the ones I'll be reaching for most in the next few months. I chose the No7 gloss today - transitioning and all that.


Hope you enjoyed this! What's your autumn lip go-to? 

Tina xx

No comments:

Post a Comment